STEP 1: Cleansing
Cleansing is the most important thing you can do, to have beautiful clear skin. It is imperative that this is done twice a day. Daily dirt, grime, pollutants, and makeup needs to be removed before applying any other products or makeup.
- Place a hot, damp washcloth on the face
for 20 seconds, then remove it.
- Dispense 2-3 doses from the pump ( Size of a 5 cent coin) and gently massage all-over face, for 1-2 minutes.
- Use the rinsed warm washcloth to gently wipe off the Cleanser.
- Pat dry.
STEP 2: Toner
Removes residue, reduces pore size, preps skin for moisturising.
- Apply toner to entire face with cotton wool or clean tissue. If it’s a spray, apply to face and then gently wipe away with cotton wool or clean tissue.
STEP 3: Moisturising Cream Or Sunscreen
- Apply to clean skin (always) gently massage over the face, around eyes, and neck as part of your morning and night routine.
If skin is combination/oily you still need a moisturiser to balance and nourish skin. If skin is left dry and unprotected, the overproduction of sebum is possible and that’s not what you want.
Use appropriate Moisturiser for your skin type.
STEP 1: Cleansing
A natural and gentle cleanser before bed will reduce acne and breakouts and allow your skin to breathe and repair itself. Cell renewal happens while you sleep so a clean face before bed, is paramount. Never go to bed with makeup on, as it can welcome blocked pores, Black heads, Acne and dull, tired looking skin prone to breakouts.
- Place a hot, damp washcloth on the face for 20 seconds, then remove it.
- Dispense 3 doses from the pump and gently massage all-over your face, for 1-2 minutes. If its cream in a jar, apply 5 cent piece size and massage gently.
- Use the warm, damp washcloth to gently wipe off the Cleanser.
STEP 2: Face Scrub Exfoliation
An exfoliating scrub is very important for removing dead skin cells, and revealing new, fresh polished skin. It prevents ingrown hairs, blocked pores, Whiteheads and Pimples.
- Apply face scrub (every 3 to 7 days) with fingertips to damp skin using a gentle circular motion, avoiding the eyes.
- Leave on for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Remove with warm water, and face cloth. Gently scrub with the face cloth and rinse clean until all product is removed from your face.
- You may use Cleanser to remove all traces.
If you prefer less ‘scrubbiness’ you can combine any of these 3 products for a custom feel, Cleanser with Scrub, makes it gentler and creamier. Clay Mask with Scrub for a thorough cleansing detox. Leave on for 15 minutes or until dry. Wash off with warm water and face cloth.You can vary the proportions until you get your favourite mix.
STEP 3: Face Serum
For glowing skin, use nightly as skin food to nourish, tone and renew.
- Shake well before applying.
- Apply a few drops onto cleansed face, around eyes, and neck, concentrating on dry areas and wrinkles.
STEP 4: Night Cream Or Moisturiser
Suggested for Normal to Dry Skin.
- Smooth a small amount all over face, around eyes, and neck.
If skin is combination/Oily you still need a moisturiser to balance and nourish skin.
Use appropriate “Light” Moisturiser for your skin type.
- Use about a 50 cent piece size to start with. Use fingertips to massage face, avoiding eyes. Apply as thick as you feel the need.
- Leave on for 20 minutes or until dry, then wash off with warm water and damp face cloth or clean tissues.
- Use a little cleanser to remove all traces
- Follow with toner and then Moisturiser
HOW TO USE AND STORE
CREAMS AND LOTIONS
- Best method is to apply to your skin after a shower or bath when the skin is most absorbent.
- Apply skin healing balms 3-4 times per day or as needed. Balms and Ointments can be used in massage therapies and have a very good coverage per small amount.
- The creams, balms and ointments can also be used as a salve and placed on non stick gauze in contact with the skin and bandage holds it in place. In very hot weather, store your skin products in the fridge if not using daily.
To help your soap last longer whilst showering,
- Wet your hands and body, lather up the soap in your hands then apply all over, instead of using the soap under hot running water to lather up directly.
- This will give you many more showers and better value.
You may be accustomed to using commercial soaps differently but they are inherently full of chemicals and Palm oil which makes the bars hard. Natural Skincare soaps are much softer.
- You need a Soap Deck! Keep soaps dry between use and do not leave them sitting in a puddle or under hot running water, as this will turn your natural soap mushy.
Allow it to dry before using again.
If you find that your soap is still too soft, leave it in the cupboard to cure for a longer period of time. Not all bars are the same or contain the same oils, and highly moisturising soaps are much softer than regular soaps.
Use within 2 years for most soap, 3 years for Castile.
Taking care of natural soaps is important. You need to keep the soap dry between uses and a draining soap dish will accomplish this.
Best time to use these are after a bath or shower to towel dried skin.
- Apply sparingly to affected areas as needed. The balms have good massage coverage so only a little is needed to rub in.
- If you suffer severe eczema or related skin disorders you may also smear the cream onto a clean cloth or non stick pad and apply as a compress or leave overnight. Bandage it to keep in place.
- Spritzes can be sprayed on linen, clothing, hair, face, body, depending on type.
A Room Spritz is for exactly that, the room. Spray the air to cleanse, remove odours and uplift your mood. Also spray when a sick person is around.
*Caution, do not spray on varnished surfaces, on or near your pets.
*Cover fish tanks and bird cages and allow your cat or dog to leave the room.
If you are sensitive, have allergies or rashes, do a patch test on your inner wrist and apply a band-aid. If you notice nothing in 18-24 hours, the product is safe to use. If you have any concerns or you ever have ANY reaction, discontinue use and see your healthcare professional. To date, there have been no side effects or reactions by anyone using these products. They are made especially for sensitive people and pets.
When using a bottle with a pump top, be sure to pump it a few times over the sink, before use. I use alcohol to sterilise the containers before bottling, there can be a few drops in the bottom of the bottle, which is the first to come out.
Keep products out of direct light, store in the fridge during hot weather and use only CLEAN fingers or tissue when dipping them in the jar. This will keep the product fresh and long lasting. ENJOY!
Look after your products, and they will continue to look after you!